Monday, November 3, 2008


Makenna has been complaining for about three weeks that her ankle hurts. John and I have just ignored her and passed her off as faking since she was still playing soccor at recess and jumping around. Well I got sick of her complaining and finally took her to the Dr. to prove to her that she is full of it! Well it turns out her growth plate in her ankle had a huge crack in it which would require her to wear a cast for four weeks! I felt so bad and so I let her stay home from school the rest of the day and watch movies. I decided I should win the "Mother of the year award!"
She is very excited about her blue cast and that she'll get out of pointing her toes at ballet for a whole month! There is always a positive side. When life hands you lemons make lemonade!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I am so sorry! If my child wasn't acting like they were in excruciating pain I would ignore it too. Don't be too hard on yourself! It sure is a bummer though!

Mike and Emily said...

Don't feel bad. We did the same thing with Mason when he had broken his collarbone.

Cindy said...

Oh man, poor Kenna. That is too bad. Glad she is ok now and has a cool cast. That's some bad luck for Kenna-only 8 and on her 3rd break? That's crazy. Cute Halloween costumes! My girls are in love with Hannah Montana and HSM too!

benandnatty said...

That stinks! I would have done the same thing...in fact with Paden not too long ago, I kept on putting off getting an X-ray because I didn't want to pay for it...Give Kenna a hug for me!